Review all eligibility requirements below.
The eligibility requirements for businesses and 501(c)6 organizations to apply for the Torch Awards for Ethics are as follows:
The Competition is only open to eligible entrants in the following states: Alaska,
Central Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington and Western
Wyoming. Eligible counties in Central Colorado include Adams, Arapahoe,
Boulder, Broomfield, Clear Creek, Denver, Douglas, Elbert, Gilpin, Jefferson,
Washington, and Yuma counties. Only businesses located in Lincoln and Teton
counties are eligible for Western Wyoming.
- Entry is open only to businesses and 501(c)(6) organizations that apply during the eligibility period from Monday, May 2, 2022 to 11:59 p.m. (PST) to Sunday, August 7, 2022. For the purposes of this Competition, a “business” is a fully registered and licensed entity
that aims to meet a marketplace need by developing or offering product,
process, service or solution. Nonprofit entities recognized as tax-exempt under
section 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code will be eligible to apply under the
business application. To be eligible for entry into this Competition, a business
must carry and maintain all licensing necessary for their industry for the state(s)
in which they operate
- BBB Accreditation is not a requirement.
- BBB Non-Accredited Businesses must provide the following information: business
start date, description of business operations, and a list of all business licenses and/or
- The applicant must have been in business for at least one year as of the application due date (August 7, 2022).
- The applicant must not have any government actions or be the subject of a BBB investigation.
- The applicant must have at least a “B” rating and hold a satisfactory record with BBB.
- The applicant must be physically located in BBB GW+P’s service
- The applicant must not have received a BBB Torch Award in the past three consecutive years (2019, 2020, or 2021) and may not be a current Torch Awards event sponsor.
Visit trust-bbb.org/torchawards to start the application.