On behalf of the entire team here at BBB NW+P, I’m excited
to announce the first edition of In Trust, the official quarterly
publication serving Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington and
In each edition of this magazine, we work to share inspiring
stories from business leaders across our entire region and offer guidance on how
to help businesses be better. We pick timely topics to help propel your
business on a path of success and give you the chance to learn firsthand from
people who have been personally affected by the best – and sadly, the worst –
intentions. We’re here to share the glory stories and the misfires – all to
drive our mission of advancing marketplace trust.
Through a careful vetting process, 20,000+ businesses that
commit to a high standard of trust have received accreditation through BBB
NW+P. Through accreditation, these businesses – be it a small mom-and-pop shop
in a rural county or a Fortune 500 in a major city – commit to eight guiding
- Build trust. Establish and maintain a positive track record in the
- Advertise honestly. Adhere to established standards of advertising and selling.
- Tell the truth. Honestly represent products and services.
- Be transparent. Openly identify the nature of the business and clearly
disclose all policies, guarantees and procedures that bear on a customer’s
decision to buy.
- Honor promises. Abide by all written agreements and verbal representations.
- Be responsive. Address marketplace disputes quickly, professionally, and in
- Safeguard privacy. Protect any data collected against mishandling and fraud,
collect personal information only as needed, and respect the preferences
of consumers regarding the use of their information.
- Embody integrity. Approach all business dealings, marketplace
transactions and commitments with integrity.
If you are part of a BBB Accredited Business, please accept my heartfelt thanks for your commitment to serving your community honestly and ethically. The industry in which you thrive is better because of you. If you are a business owner who instills excellence and honesty in all you do, I invite you to learn more about BBB through this magazine or at https://trust-bbb.org/welcome-to-bbb/ .
And to everyone who understands the
importance of living truthfully and serving others by keeping your word and
leading by example, thank you for putting your heart and focus in the right
place – in trust.
Tyler Andrew – Better
Business Bureau Northwest + Pacific President and CEO